You can view the song from this blog post and find the file available for download here! I've notated the song in the key of C--transpose to whatever key best fits your needs. I also notated V chords as straight Vs, but you are of course free to spice them up as V7s, or get more inventive with the chord progression as a whole--whatever best fits your population!
Our next step for our Northern Lights project was to create the trees, putting our cutting skills to the test. Depending on the student's abilities and the time available, I either had the triangles for the trees already cut out, or asked the student to cut the triangles. We then folded the triangles in half, and practiced cutting on a line and stopping before the edge. All of my students required the lines to be drawn in order for them to understand where and how to cut the trees. About 2/3 of my students were able to cut on the black Sharpie line and stop when the line disappeared. However, about 1/3 required an extra little visual prompt to stop at the end of the line before cutting all the way through the tree. I just added a small cross mark and used verbal or physical prompts as necessary to further delineate the end of the line. (By the way, these are some of the adaptive scissors we used. My green push scissors are frequently used, ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I always check out content creators who leave links to their sites, so please share!